We must remember that everything depends on how we use a material, not on the material itself... New materials are not necessarily superior. Each material is only what we make of it.Ludwig Mies van der Rohe - Architect
Honest and genuine
It is necessary to respect the authenticity of materials. Prioritize the use of natural materials or those that originate from natural materials, such as concrete, which is made from components extracted from the soil. Try to understand the essence and original meaning of the material to be used and apply it accordingly. Consider:
- The selection of materials is based on structural requirements, type of use, quality, and durability.
- Materials palette is limited to the minimum required to support function and character.
- Reveal the inherent, unaltered beauty of the material, keep it untreated for a tactile appearance.
The colour palette is given by the original colour of the authentic material.
Key to Natural materials
- Work with natural, raw materials in their original colour and finish, tactile appearence.
- Use authentic, durable, quality materials, selected according to functional and structural requirements.
- Prefer locally sourced, sustainable materials that match corporate identity.
- Avoid the use of materials that try to imitate others, stay true.