People ignore design that ignores people.Frank Chimero - Designer
Outdoor activity contributes to the vitality of the site and to the health of its users. By designing a dynamic urban environment that invites users to walk and participate in community events, there is more chance for the natural cross pollination of ideas through spontaneous interaction.
To do this:
- Provide pedestrian spaces that are safe, multi-functional, sustainable, and engaging.
- Incorporate seating that can be reconfigured to offer eating areas, large event spaces, or more intimate areas.
Key to Walking experience
- Prioritize the pedestrian experience by promoting connectivity between buildings and open spaces.
- Support intuitive way-finding and orientation.
- Arrange seating and planting areas to be intertwined with user activities.